Welcome to D.W. Daniel
D.W. Daniel High School was originally created in the 1950's to serve the three communities of Central, Clemson, and Six Mile. We are named for long-time Clemson University professor D. W. Daniel who was instrumental in the founding of our school. Our motto, "E Tribus Unum," meaning "one, out of three," reflects the fact that these three distinct communities have joined to create one unified school area. In recent years, the three locations have begun to fuse geographically and culturally to simply produce the "Daniel Area."
After many years that included various improvements and additions, a new Daniel High was finally constructed with groundbreaking in 2010. The school opened in the fall of 2012. The new school is a state-of-the-art facility which should continue to provide a quality education to area residents for many years to come.
Daniel High prides itself on its excellent academic program. Honors classes are available in every department and Advanced Placement courses are offered in many disciplines. Our SAT, ACT, and AP scores are annually among the highest in the state of South Carolina and we are generally regarded as one of the finest public schools in the area.
Daniel also excels on the athletic fields. The Lions are very competitive on the state level and routinely draw large, enthusiastic crowds to their sporting events. Many of our sports have been very successful in recent years, with several state championships being brought home to D.W.D. We compete as members of the Region 1 AAA of the South Carolina High School League.
Daniel High is located at 140 Blue and Gold Blvd in Central, SC 29630. This is just off Hwy 133 where it branches with Madden Bridge Road. Our phone number is (864) 397-2900. Come by and check out our "Lions Pride!" New community members are always welcome.